- ca 12000 journals
- 150 000 proceedings
- 1975- (counts citations from 1945-)
- Updated weekly
- Very good coverage of science and medicine. Good coverage of engineering science, mathematics and business. Poor coverage of other social sciences and arts and humanities.
What journals are included in Web of Science?
Search for a journal or
see journals in a subject category:
|Journal Lists (pdf):|
- ca 19400 journals (including 1900 Open Access-journals)
- 360 book series
5.3 million conference proceedings
What journals/series are included?
- Counts citations from 1996-
- Updated daily
- Very good coverage of science and medicine. Better coverage than ISI Web of Science for social sciences, business and computer science.
- Started 2004
- All subjects
Many document types:
Journals, conference proceedings, books, theses, reports, preprints
Also some non science material
- Better coverage of non-english language material than Web of Science and Scopus
- Most useful for business, engineering science, computer science, mathematics, social sciences and arts and humanities.
- Analytical tool: Publish or Perish
Harzing, A-W, van der Wal, R (2007) Google Scholar: The democratization of citation analysis. Accepted for: Ethics in Science and Environmental Politics.
Meho, LI, Yang, Kiduk (2007) Impact of data sources on citation counts and rankings of LIS faculty: Web of Science versus Scopus and Google Scholar. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology. 58(13):2105-2125.
Finding citations and h-index
Guide to Publish or Perish
More on Scientific Communication:
Last updated: 2013-06-17